Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rainforest Cafe's Green Python

Years and years ago, there was a photo shoot in Chicago. I wore too little, met too many sleazy people - 'nuf said. But something good did come out of it. I had lunch at the Rainforest cafe. And as I have always been a fan of cliche and kitsch done to the nth degree, this place was for me! I had an Apricot Quicksand. It was served in a martini glass and the liquid was brown with sandy sediment. I want this drink again!
Now, recently I've been seeing more and more of those copycat restaurant recipes. So i gave a good search for the Quicksand recipe... But of course no one has heard of it. (Please let me know if you have. And not that one with khaluha and cream - this one was apricot and mildly translucent) I did see a lot of folks out their merrily addiced to the Rainforest Cafe's Green Python. And since thats close to quicksand, (after all, if you get stuck in quicksand aren't you supposed to leverage nearby pythons?) I'll have what he's having.

Rainforest Cafe's Green Python

  • 3/4 oz Midori Melon
  • 1/4 oz 99 Bananas
  • 1/4 oz Bacardi Coco Rum
  • 1/4 oz Skyy Citrus
  • 2 1/2 oz sweet and sour
  • 2 1/2 oz pineapple
Orders: I haven't watched them, but I'm guessing its a shake-strain-and-serve-over-ice kind of thing. This may be true to what the restaurant serves, but personally...I think this needs the alcoholic ingredients doubled. Hey, my sofa is my bar. I can be as badly behaved as I want to be.

2 comments:

Isi said...

Oh yes, the BEST drink @ the Rainforest hands down! Oh Yum...yum and yes, yum again.

Bridget DeAngelis said...

Geeeeeze, my new absolute fav drink now. Went to Disneyland last week, ate at rainforrest on my way back from Disneyland Hotel. I finished my drink long before dinner....it was oh sooo good, got to keep the glass, too.I think it's a21 ouncer,also my new fav glass. Gotta try it- I got the stuff to make it for our 4th o' July party. WooHoo